Three (3) merit-based scholarships are available. These Merit Scholarships are intended to help emerging artists improve their skills. All instruction will be done in a one-on-one, in-person setting that adheres to all current Covid-19 guidelines and restrictions. Instruction will be customized, private art instruction conducted by Jennifer Gillooly Cahoon, owner/operator of HeARTSpot Art Center & Gallery. Hours will be divided up in a mutually agreed upon manner. There is no fee to apply for these grants. Funding is provided by the East Providence Arts Council (EPAC).
Award: Three (3) Emerging Artist Scholarships are being offered for one-on-one customized private art instruction (8 contact hours each).
- Emerging artists with some experience who are seeking guidance in improving their craft.
- Those who draw in various mediums, use acrylic paint, or sculpt (no ceramics) will be considered.
- Adults looking to improve their practice purely for pleasure, or who are looking to begin selling work are encouraged to apply.
- Teens in need of guidance in building a portfolio for college are urged to apply.
- Applicants must upload five (5) images of artwork, and provide a short essay response on their application.
- The EPAC Scholarship Subcommittee will review all submissions and notify applicants of their award status no later than one week post deadline.
- If your initial application is denied, we encourage you to apply again.
Apply here: https://forms.gle/kDHrAHo8fdoejfyB9
Deadlines: 3 awards will be made each funding cycle.
Deadline 1: October 30, 2020; decision made no later than November 8, 2020
Deadline 2: February 28, 2021; decision made no later than March 8, 2021.
Deadline 3: May 31, 2021; decision made no later than June 8, 2021.
A needs-based scholarship for East Providence students in grades 1-12.
Award: Scholarships will be awarded for single day workshops or multi-week classes, as requested.
Eligibility: Students who qualify for free lunch are eligible for free tuition. Students who qualify for reduced lunch are eligible for ½ off tuition costs. Students must be enrolled in the EP school system, and must provide proof of current eligibility for the 2019-2020 school year.
Apply: Contact Jennifer Gillooly Cahoon at email@example.com.
Deadline: None. Scholarship money will be dispensed on a rolling basis.